Americans call them ‘cupcakes’, the English call them ‘fairy cakes’, I call them ‘yummm cakes!’
Cook: 15 min
Extra time: 25 min cooling
Ready in: 55 min
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 75g cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 175 g plain flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 300g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250 ml milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Line a bun tray with paper or foil cases. Sift together the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture alternately with the milk; beat well. Fill the paper cups 3/4’s full.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Ice with your favorite icing when cool.
Photo and Recipe Credit: http://allrecipes.co.in/