Put a fragrant twist on your next carrot cake with crystallized ginger and the zest from an entire orange.
Prep Time :40 min.
Total Time : 1 hr. 55 min.
Servings 16 servings
- 1 pkg. (2-layer size) spice cake mix
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 1 large carrots, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans, toasted, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
- zest from 1 orange
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 cups thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 1/3 cup yellow colored sugar
- 33 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows, cut diagonally in half
Heat oven to 350ºF.
Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round pans. Prepare cake batter as directed on package. Add dry pudding mix; beat 2 min. Stir in carrots, 1/2 cup nuts, ginger and orange zest. Pour into prepared pans.
Bake 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Whisk in COOL WHIP. Stack cake layers on plate, filling with 3/4 cup cream cheese frosting. Use remaining frosting to frost top and side of cake.
Place colored sugar in large resealable plastic bag. Add marshmallow halves, in batches; close bag, then shake gently to evenly coat cut sides of marshmallows. Arrange marshmallows on cake as shown in photo. Press remaining nuts into frosting around bottom edge of cake.
Photo and Recipe Credit: _ http://www.kraftrecipes.com/