Because I’m our town’s postmaster, I can bake only in my spare time. When I do, I especially like making desserts like this one. It tastes great
MAKES: 20 servings
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min.
Bake: 80 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Confectioners’ sugar, optional
- In a bowl, cream butter. Gradually beat in sugar until light and fluffy, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream and vanilla.
- Beat on low just until blended. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar if desired
Photo and Recipe Credit :https://www.tasteofhome.com