Almond Joy Cupcakes
- 1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 5 large eggs
- 1 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1/4 c. coconut milk
- 2 tbsp. confectioners’ sugar
- pinch kosher salt
- 3/4 c. sweetened shredded coconut
- 12 cocoa-dusted almonds
- 2 oz. semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 375°F. In a small saucepan, melt the chocolate and butter over low heat until smooth. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes, then whisk in the eggs, sugar, and cocoa.
- Meanwhile, line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners. Divide the mixture among the liners (they will be filled about 1⁄ 4-inch from the top). Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, 25 to 28 minutes. Let cool completely (don’ t worry when they sink).
- Make the frosting. Using an electric mixer, in a large bowl, beat the cream, coconut milk, sugar, and salt, gradually increasing the speed until medium peaks form, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Spoon frosting on top of cupcakes (scant 1⁄ 4 cup each), then sprinkle with coconut and top each with an almond.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, melt the chocolate until smooth, about 20 seconds. Drizzle over the cupcakes.