- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks, cut into small pieces)
- 1/2 Cup Room Temperature Salted Butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 Cup Salted Caramel Sauce
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners. Mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
- Whisk together the unsweetened cocoa powder and the hot water in a small bowl.
- Heat butter and sugar together in a medium bowl on the stove on medium to low heat setting.
- Heat and whisk until they are just combined and melted together.
- Add in the cocoa powder mixture to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Remove from heat and blend with an electric beater for 4-5 minutes until it is cool.
- Add in eggs one at a time mixing thoroughly between additions.
- Mix in vanilla
- Finally alternate adding in the flour and the sour cream in additions of thirds until they are completely blended in. Add half of the butter in cupcake tins and put a frozen mini twin in the center of the batter. Pour a little batter over the top of the candy, just enough to cover it.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and comes out cleanly.
- Cream 1 stick of softened butter for 3-5 minutes until it is light and fluffy. Next slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix well between additions.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix it in. Add the Salted caramel next and thoroughly blend it into the frosting.
- The frosting should be thick but light and airy. Place in a piping bag and pipe frosting onto the cupcakes.
- Place the remaining salted caramel sauce in a piping bag with a small circle tip.
- Drizzle slowly over frosted cupcakes.