- Unsalted Butter 456 grams (4 sticks)
- Powder Sugar / Confectioners Sugar 1 kg (2.2 lbs)
- Cornstarch/Cornflour or pudding mix 1/4 cup
- Heavy Whipping Cream 1/4 cup
- Clear Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
- Clear Almond Extract 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Place butter in a mixer bowl with a paddle attachment and mix until creamy – 30 seconds
- Add cream, salt, cornstarch (cornflour or pudding mix) – mix slowly to incorporate.
- Make sure you have no lumps – if necessary add - bit of the powder sugar to help it combine.
- Scarp the sides and bottom of the bowl for any stuck butter.
- Once you have a smooth creamy mix – add the powder sugar in two batches
- When all the sugar is in – scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl again
- Add vanilla and almond extract
- Give it one last mix for 2 minutes – check to make sure it’s not too stiff and not too gritty
- If necessary add 1 or 2 tbsp fresh cream or milk to adjust consistency. Or add sugar to stiffen.