¼ cup Vegan Butter, softened*
⅓ cup Cane Sugar
3 tbsp Aquafaba
Zest of 1 Lemon
1 tsp Lemon Extract
½ cup Almond Milk (unsweetened)
1 cup All Purpose Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
¾ cup Powdered Sugar, plus more if needed
1 ½ tbsp Lemon Juice, plus more if needed
Lemon Zest for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Grease a donut pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened vegan butter and sugar.
- Add the aquafaba and whisk until mixed into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon extract and almond milk. Mix until evenly combined.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Use a rubber spatula to carefully stir the batter.
- Using a small spoon, add the donut batter to the prepared donut pan. I like to use the back of the spoon to smooth out the top of the donuts.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let the donuts cool for 2-3 minutes and then transfer the donuts to a cooling rack.
- Once the donuts have cooled, make the glaze.
- In a shallow bowl, add the powdered sugar and lemon juice. Whisk until you have a smooth glaze. If the glaze is too thick add more lemon juice and if it is too liquidly add more powdered sugar.
- Dip the donut tops in the glaze. Garnish with lemon zest if using.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.